Friday, February 21, 2014

Close of Service Conference... What's Next?


 So the past few weeks have been pretty loaded with new activities and life events. I was able to bring a kid from my town to a plastic surgery medical mission two weeks ago to fix a cleft lip that she was born with.  She is healing wonderfully and I'm so happy that I had the opportunity to do this in my life.
I've also been spending lots of time with my awesome project partner... working a little on trying to develop a community website... we've managed to explore new parts of the river and plan to see more potential tourist attractions.  I am also happy to say that she has started running with me in the evenings, which allows me to go down my favorite road again with safe company.
Finally the most emotional and overwhelming experience in the new year is here... it's time that my group is preparing for their close of service.  This is the first time that our entire group has been reunited for a conference since we all left for our sites close to two years ago.  In an uncharacteristic turn of events we are in a classy hotel, with our own private beds, hot water, all you can eat buffets, and a gym... Needless to say we're all happy this day has come.  We've worked on updating the all important resume and trying to figure out how to describe what we've done with the past two years of life.  We've started to come to terms with the idea that even though this experience is coming to an end, we are going to have to adapt and readjust to another lifestyle all over again.  Alas while most my peers are preparing for this journey home, I am preparing for my new job as Regional Leader.  I will be extending 6 months until November.

No comments:

Post a Comment