Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Here's to the good life :)

Ok it's a new year... and I'm back!  I enjoyed an amazing visit from my bff Alana... who was a sweet heart and cared for me through my first amoeba in the DR... Luckily the medicine worked and I was able to get rid of it by my second day in the USA... Where I enjoyed washing my hands with hot water... lots of food, the company of some of my favorite people... and my amazing family.

Upon getting home I realized that I had house guest while I was out... rats!  They left me little gifts and I saw one hiding in the spare bedroom... Determined to get rid of them I went to town today to get some poison and other supplies...I just have to say it was slightly comforting to jump in the guagua on the way home and be the 20th person squeezed into a 12 person van... There is always room for one more :)....
My women's association had our first meeting of the year and we set some good goals to lead up until April... I have the feeling I'm going to be mad busy...
...Later today,  my stove broke, and I jerry-rigged (is that the saying?) it so that it will not leak from that burner if I turn the gas on and kept on cooking... I might invest in a new stove soon... as I do not want to test my luck...

I'm pretty sure that I killed at 2013! There was nothing left of it after I got done with it... I hope that 2014 is as awesome and brings me as much luck.  Life's good in the DR, once you get used to the water and kill the amoebas...

No comments:

Post a Comment