Monday, February 20, 2012

Intro to me

Personal info:
My name is Kristie Jacobs and I'm 24 years old.  I'm writing this blog to help document my Peace Corps experience in the Dominican Republic.  I was nominated to do environmental development work.  I'm set to leave of February 28, which is in 8 days.  I'm really excited and nervous.  So to get started I guess I'll list some things I'm going to miss while I'm away...

  • My family...winding down after work with my parents and brother...
  • Evenings with my friends...Chilling with Feiven and Travis in Fairfax... Getting Mexican food with Jon and Jessica... I already miss Alana!  I'm going miss so many more friends.
  • Baby... my dog
  • Being able to take hot showers... I have the feeling I'm going to miss that.
I'm sure I'm going to miss a lot more, but the things I always miss the most when I'm away from home are my friends and family.  

1 comment: